The Batchelor Foundation provides support primarily for programmatic grants with some consideration given, time to time, for capital grants. Highest priority is placed on projects and programs that have clearly defined, targeted outcomes outlined in the nonprofit’s grant proposal.
What We Fund:
- Programs that assist children in the areas of education, health and general well being.
- Programs that provide shelter, food, and/or medicine to animals.
- Programs that protect or educate the public regarding the natural environment.
Some consideration is given to charitable work provided to homeless programs and veteran services.
What We Don’t Fund:
- Direct support of individuals.
- Organizations not qualified as tax-exempt 501(c)(3).
- Support for start-up organizations. (Consideration is given only to organizations that have been operating at least three (3) years. Total revenue for the previous year must be greater than $50,000.)
- Events, festivals, workshops, conferences or concerts.
- Capacity building, administrative expenses or operating deficits.
- Political candidates or campaigns.
- Political or governmental advocacy.
- Organizations that act as fiscal sponsors for another charity.